Looking forward to a New Year and a healthier you?
You hold the pen to your 365 day chapter and you have the power to make your story play out how you want it to.
Need some help finding resolution ideas?
We have a few ideas for you!
- Start meditating: Scientific studies show that meditating offers many benefits. Meditating reduces stress, lessens anxiety, improves mood, and even increases the old gray matter (brain) which is involved in muscle control, decision making, and self control. And once you start meditating, you will find it’s relaxing and easy to do.
- Have a daily “Healthy Hour”: Devote one hour a day to YOU. You deserve at least 365 hours a year out of the 8,760 hours in 2017 for your health. It’s the least you can do for yourself.
- Get outdoors more (weather permitting, of course): Walking outdoors or just spending time getting natural Vitamin D is a great way to boost your immune system, creativity, and happiness!
- Drink more water: Flush your body of toxins and give your cells what they crave!
- Journal: Some people write a business plan – write a health plan! Once you jot your ideas, goals, and wishes down, you will be more motivated to turn that plan into reality.
- Stop procrastinating: it stresses you out when you have things that need to be done, and you never get around to doing them. Make this year more stress free by doing the things you promise yourself you will.
- Begin a healthy hobby: Start walking with a friend, take a water aerobics class, do something that involves getting healthy and find someone you enjoy doing it with!
- Eat less: There are many reasons why we should watch our calories. Obviously, losing weight is one of them because being overweight causes numerous health issues (diabetes, heart disease, cancers, and more).
- Be gentler on yourself. You can’t make lifelong changes in a day. You will have days where you excel at your goals and days where you feel like throwing in the towel — but don’t. The longer you incorporate healthy habits into your life, the more likely they are to become second nature.
- Smile more
What are some of the resolutions you have made for yourself in 2017? Comment below — we would love to hear them!