We can’t help ourselves! Autumn is the time for hearty soups, squash recipes, mittens, and bundling up!
We found this delicious recipe and couldn’t pass up sharing it with you!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place squash cut side up in a large baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until flesh is tender when pierced with a knife. Set aside to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
2. Make gremolata: Slice lemon zest lengthwise into thin matchsticks, then chop. Add zest to a bowl with parsley, garlic and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
3. Using a fork, scrape flesh from squash in long strands. Season with salt and pepper. (You should have about 3 1/2 cups.) Divide squash among 4 bowls; top each with 1/4 cup ricotta and about 1 Tbsp. gremolata. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
Serve and enjoy! We would LOVE your feedback after trying this amazing dish!
Photo Credit: William Brinson