Skinny dinners can be easy to make…here’s one I love when I want a hearty beef tasting kick.
Remember to add some delicious avocados! They are high in healthy mono-unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. They also have anti inflammatory properties and are high in potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
Avocado Bison Burgers Recipe
- 2 lb. ground 100% grass-fed bison meat
- 2/3 cup finely diced shallots
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried thyme)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 large pieces of iceberg lettuce
- 1 whole avocado cut into large pieces
- 1 large tomato cut into slices
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Form 8 patties
- Chill in refrigerator for about 10-20 minutes to firm up.
- Grill over high heat until cooked through to medium.
- Serve hot on an Ezekiel bread or gluten free bun topped with lettuce, avocado and tomato slice (or for a grain free option, use butter lettuce leaves instead of a bun)
Bison is lower in fat, tastes like beef, and is usually grass fed…a REAL Skinny Life winner!