With colder weather comes the cravings for comfort food and this soup will fill the need for comfort.
Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 (3-pound) broiler-fryer, cut up and skinned
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 celery tops
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Combine first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from broth, discarding celery and reserving broth.
Skim fat from broth. Add 2 cups water and next 8 ingredients to broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Bone and chop chicken; add to broth mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Discard bay leaf. Ladle soup into bowls, and sprinkle with additional pepper, if desired.
Photo: Oxmoor House
Originally Posted Here