Craving a hot, calorie-rich bowl f broccoli cheese soup? Try this warm, cheesy, satisfying substitute with only 40 calories per serving. These delicious broccoli bites will curb even the most intense broccoli-cheese cravings.
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed and blotted dry
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Pinch of sweetener that measures like sugar, optional
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone or foil muffin liners and spray with cooking spray.
- Chop the broccoli florets into small pieces (no bigger than the size of a marble).
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, cottage cheese, parmesan, egg whites, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, and optional sweetener. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the broccoli mixture down with your fingers. Sprinkle each bite with mozzarella if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and enjoy warm.
Makes 12 muffins with only 48 calories per serving!
Original Recipe and Photo Credit: Go Here