Looking for ways to create healthy habits that don’t require you to be strictly disciplined? Whether you apply all of these, or just a few, here are some habits we should all strive to have.
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach. You know what happens when you go to the grocery store and you’re hungry. EVERYTHING looks good and you will end up buying unhealthy items that you will later regret eating.
- Cut back on sugar. It has no nutrients, no protein, and contains nothing that is good for your health.
- Keep healthy snacks like fruit, veggies, nuts, or Greek yogurt at work so you won’t feel the need to make unhealthy choices.
- Listen to your body. If you feel pain, your body is telling you something is wrong. This doesn’t mean you need to make a hospital visit every time you feel something unusual, but be attuned to your body.
- Wash your hands often. It sounds obvious but this is one of the best ways to avoid getting sick and passing sickness along to others. You’ll stay well and avoid missing healthy activities.
- Sleep. Sleeping is essential for both physical and mental health. Aim for 6-8 hours of zzzzz’s every night. Plus science shows good sleep keeps you slimmer!
- Always wear your seatbelt. Always.
- Drink water. Keep a large bottle at your desk or wherever you spend the majority of your time and stay hydrated. Water hydrates our organs and our brains, increasing alertness and keeping your cravings at a minimum.
- Stop being hard on yourself. You don’t have to be perfect. Strive to do better than you were yesterday when it comes to your health.
- It’s all the little things that matter. Congratulate yourself each night for a day well-lived!
What are some of your favorite health tips?