There is something about the sunshine and warmer weather that makes us all head out to the grill! Not only is grilling delicious, it is a fun way to entertain with family and friends. Make sure you are grilling sensibly during the summer months!
Here are a few healthy grilling tips:
- Use a rack so the fat drips away and off of your food
- Grill fish! The healthiest types are salmon, herring, trout, and they are all high in omega 3 fatty acids
- Grill chicken breasts and cut the fat and remove skin before eating! Try using breast meat as it has less fat than legs and thighs.
- When choosing meat cuts, choose loins and rounds. Also buy choice and select grades of beef instead of prime, and remember to remove any extra fat.
- Cook vegetables on skewers – this is a healthy and delicious way to get in all of your servings of veggies!
What are some of your favorite heart-healthy grilling tips?