One of the keys to sticking with exercise is to find something you enjoy and love doing! Find something that feels like play time and get healthier every time you “play”!
As adults, we have lost our sense of play in our “grown up” world. If going to the gym feels like a task or chore – find MOVEMENT that doesn’t feel that way.
When you connect to having fun again by choosing activities that feel like play you’ll actually look forward to it next time and be a bit put-off if you have to miss it! After a while, you’ll realize you’re getting in better shape by just having active fun!
Here are some examples:
- Learn to dance or dust off your old dance shoes and take a dancing class.
- Be more exotic! Salsa, Zumba, Flamenco, or ball room. Maybe try them all until you find the one you enjoy the most!
- Sports is fun at any age! There are softball, soccer, basketball and football leagues for adults everywhere. Google your choices to find one.
- Get outside!
- Take a walk
- Pump up your bike tires and go for a spin around your neighborhood
- Jump on the trampoline with your kids
- Find a hiking trail, grab a friend, and enjoy an afternoon with someone who supports you in your fitness journey
- Learn to play tennis or golf-it’s never too late!
- Find stairs and challenge yourself to go up and down at least twice!
Remember to include your family, children, and friends. It doubles the fun and creates lighthearted quality time together.
There is also evidence that shows that exercising outdoors is good for your mental health! Being outside in nature improves our moods, decreases stress, and lessens depression. Give your mind a mental boost while working out your Skinny Life body!
What are some of your favorite ways to put play and healthy movement together? I’d love for you to share them with us!
Here’s to living the skinny life!
Picture credit: Rex Features