Proof that quinoa salads are anything but boring: This recipe loaded with sweet roasted squash, kale, and feta is a total flavor bomb. Tell us what you think!
- 1 c. quinoa
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium Delicata squash, seeded and thinly sliced into half moons (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, thinly sliced (stems removed) (1½ cups)
- 1/3 c. toasted pecans
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet tray to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, arrange squash on a baking sheet and roast until tender and golden, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss together quinoa, squash, kale, pecans, and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Drizzle over salad and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Crumble feta on top and serve.