A delicious way to eat your vegetables — brussels sprouts, butternut squash, mushroom and zesty parsley lemon juice dressing!
- 1 1/2 c. semi-pearled farro
- 2 c. butternut squash, cubed
- 2 c. baby bello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 c. Brussels sprouts, quartered or halved
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1/4 c. parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cover two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Place farro in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Let soak 15 minutes, then drain, return to pan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and let simmer 15 minutes. Drain and spread out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet to let cool.
- Arrange vegetables on prepared baking sheets and drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast until golden and tender,18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor or blender, combine lemon juice, garlic, tahini, parsley, and remaining olive oil. Add 3 tablespoons water to thin its consistency and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together farro and roasted vegetables. Divide into serving bowls and drizzle with tahini dressing.
Original recipe and photo found here.