If you want to live a healthier life, you have to stop ignoring your sleep.
Getting enough zzzzzzzzz’s a crucial part of a healthy lifestyle and benefits your mind, weight, heart, and more.
Not only does it make you feel better it also boosts your mood and lightens those dark under eye circles.
Here are some reasons why you should make getting enough sleep a part of your daily routine:
- Your mind needs to rest. Think about how many things cross your mind throughout your day — it’s amazing how much our brains do and “think” through the course of an average day. Give it a little and must deserved break!
- Trying to lose weight? Researchers have found that people who are well rested lose more fat than those who are sleep deprived, who lose more muscle mass.
- If you find that you have a short attention span, it could be that you aren’t getting enough sleep. Sleep causes electrical change in our brains, so when we don’t get enough, we may find it difficult to be inattentive, more impulsive, and unable to focus on tasks for long periods of time.
- Research has shown that people who get less than 6 hours of sleep a night have higher blood levels of inflammatory proteins than those who get more sleep. Studies have also shown that people who get fewer than 6 hours of sleep per night increase their risk for heart attack.
- Did you know that too little sleep has been associated with a shorter lifespan? Make sure you are getting at least 6-8 hours of sleep per night to improve the quality of “awake time” in your day.
- Working out? Getting enough sleep can improve your workout and performance. You will feel less sluggish and have less fatigue — increasing your stamina!
- Sleeping well also helps you to avoid irritability which can be a factor in depression. A night of good rest can help your mood and emotional health.
And one more tip for a healthy night’s rest:
Put down your cell phone when you lay in bed and actually get some good shut eye.