In The Mood For Something Light & Sweet? Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad
This is the perfect salad for when you’re in the mood for something light and sweet, but still filling, and is Skinny Life approved!
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced (or you can double this to 2 avocados!)
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- poppyseed dressing (recipe below)
POPPYSEED DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or any oil, such as olive oil)
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- pinch of ground dry mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
Toss all ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing until combined. Serve immediately.
TO MAKE THE POPPYSEED DRESSING:
Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
Now grab a friend and enjoy!
Photo & Recipe: Gimme Some Oven