Healthy, delicious, and fun! If you’re craving something light and delicious, you need to try this healthy squash tacos with avocado recipe!
- 1 1 1/2-lb. butternut or acorn squash, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced white onion
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread squash on a large, rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, garlic, oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper; pour over squash and toss to coat. Roast squash, turning once, until blistered in spots and tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
2. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, toast tortillas, turning once, until charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer tortillas to a clean kitchen towel and wrap up to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
3. Fill tortillas with squash, avocado, cilantro and onion, dividing evenly. Serve with lime wedges.
Enjoy! And remember to give us your feedback!
Photo Credit: William Brinson